Monday, August 6, 2012

Number 15

This stool is another made of scorched maple. This time, instead of using round branches for legs, I took a larger piece and split it into four. Actually, it ended up being split into five -- because when I looked at the original four pieces, they weren't very equal, so I split a little off of the largest one and added it onto the smallest. Anyway, there are still four legs, as usual. The longer pieces in the picture of the wood before it is scorched will be legs for a table I'm going to be working on this week.
I don't know if I'll be able to finish both a table and a stool in one week, but I hope so, since I've got most of the materials together already. There are just about all kinds and colors of sticks piling up on the table, and every time I walk by, one of them seems to catch on my shirt and part of the pile flips onto the floor ... so I'm getting kind of eager to get them made into something more useful than a pile of sticks.
I used some oak window trim found behind the garage for the seat of this one, and what was left of the old ladder from #14 for the side-rails.
I finished stool Number 15 last night, but was making mixed-fruit (mostly chokecherry) jelly until late, so didn't have time or energy to put up the blog until this morning.  "Better late than never."
Here are a couple of pictures of the new stool. It is for sale for $65. Please contact me through the comments section of this blog, or by email at lewagner2002@yahoo.com, Reference stool #15. (Sorry, this stool is already sold.) For general info about these stools, please see Introduction to this blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment