Monday, June 25, 2012

Number 2

There were some boards out behind the garage, some of them partially rotted, and buried in early-spring mud. I have no idea where they came from, or how long they had been there.
However, when I picked them up and whacked them down hard, they didn't break, so I determined they were sound. I discovered upon splitting them, that they are Western Fir, which is a very strong, high-quality wood that is very resistant to rot.
I decided to make this stool an exception to my usual design, and to not use any locally gathered branches. I constructed the entire stool; legs, bracing and seat out of this excellent wood.
This stool is for sale for $65. If interested, please contact me through the comments section of this blog, or by email at lewagner2002@yahoo.com. Reference: Stool Number 2.  (Sorry, this stool is already sold.)
For general info about stools, please see Introduction.





No comments:

Post a Comment