Monday, June 25, 2012

Number 5

I still had some balsam branches left over from construction of stool Number 1, and wasn't in the mood for going out in the woods to find any more branches.
So, I used those branches to make this stool. The seat is from a short piece of board cut off a new sideboard my friend was making for the trailer we used to haul the firewood in earlier posts.
The middle section of the seat is the back side of one of the red and blue boards I used on the apple-wood stool, Number 3.
Beginning with this stool and on, I started using a heavier gauge of steel wire. The smaller gauge is plenty strong enough, but it was difficult to tuck the ends away so they don't stick anyone. With the heavier wire, I can control the ends much easier, though the wire itself is a bit harder to wind.
This stool is for sale for $65. If interested, please contact me through the comments section of this blog. Or, through email at lewagner2002@yahoo.com. Reference: Stool Number 5.
For general info about stools, please see Introduction.




No comments:

Post a Comment