Monday, June 25, 2012

Number 3

One of our most common trees in Northern Minnesota we call "popple". The more correct name is "Quaking Aspen", but no northern Minnesota woodsman would be caught dead calling it THAT. It's "popple".
Popple is hard to burn when it's green because it's full of water, and it doesn't give a whole lot of heat even when it's dry. Nevertheless, there's so much of it, people who cut wood for heat usually do end up burning some popple.
 I helped my neighbor cut some wood this spring, and grabbed a few popple branches off the brush pile for this stool. The seat was constructed out of pieces that split as the trees cracked off.
I took advantage of the fact that I already had two stools constructed, and was able to sit on one stool as I peeled the bark for another one.

This stool is for sale for $65. If interested, please contact me in the comments section of this blog, or by email at lewagner2002@yahoo.com. Reference: Stool Number 3.  (Sorry, this stool is already sold.)
There are two pictures below, one taken indoors, and one outdoors.
For general info about these stools, please see Introduction.





No comments:

Post a Comment