Monday, June 25, 2012

Number 4

My dad is 93 years old, but still very active. He's driven horses, Army jeep during WWII, school bus for over 30 years, farm tractors, and now, a riding lawn-mower.
As Dad was cutting the lawn this spring, some low-hanging apple branches snatched his cap. He went and got a saw and cut them off.
I snatched up the apple branches as construction material for a stool. The inner bark was bright pink, but later turned brown. When I scraped off the inner bark (at great effort), the wood itself had a faint pink tinge.
And I found some more old but well-preserved Western Fir boards behind the garage, these painted blue, with red paint over the blue. The red paint was stuck to some better than others, and so when I sanded, some of the boards turned out mostly red, and others turned out mostly blue.
I thought, "Hey, red's appropriate for apples! And blue for the sky!" Or something like that, anyway.
This stool is for sale for $65. If interested, please contact me through the comments section of this blog, or by email at lewagner2002@yahoo.com. Reference: Stool Number 4.  Sorry, this stool is already sold.
For general info about stools, please see Introduction.










No comments:

Post a Comment