Saturday, November 17, 2012

Number 23


I notice it's been over 4 weeks since I posted a new stool on this blog. There's been a lot going on! Nevertheless, I'm still kicking, and finally finished another stool. 
I'm still working using a kitchen counter and a living room floor as my "work-bench", but doing it this way I get a lot of good stretching exercises in my arms, shoulders, legs and back. All the stretching exercises make me sore, and all the extra moving around at least doubles the time it takes to make a stool ... but I don't think I'll be here long enough to warrant building a work-bench in the living room.
I'm still using up those boards with the red and blue paint that I found half-buried last summer. I previously made two stools using these boards as seats, and apple-wood for the legs and bracing: #4, and #12, (both already sold).
With this stool, I'm using up the last of the scorched maple I did last summer over an open fire.
As with all the other stools in this series, every joint is tightly reinforced with steel wire, meaning that the joints will not work loose, as traditional dowel joints eventually do. These stools are both light and tight.
Below are a couple of pics of the finished stool, plus a picture of several of the other stools in "review".
This stool is for sale for $65. (Sorry, this stool is already sold.)
If interested, please contact me through the comments section of this blog, or by email, at lewagner2002@yahoo.com. For general information about these stools, and for a full list of the stools that are still available, please see the Introduction.




No comments:

Post a Comment